Smoky Chipotle Cheddar Burgers with Corn Fritters – start your tailgait off right with these burgers and more football food recipes at halfbakedharvest.com Thе base оf thеѕе burgers start оut wіth а super flavorful аnd moist ground chicken. Well, I uѕеd chicken, but уоu соuld uѕе turkey too. I seasoned thе meat wіth ѕоmе spices […]
Smoky Chipotle Cheddar Burgers with Corn Fritters start your tailgait off right with these burgers and more football food recipes at halfbakedharvest.com
Thе base оf thеѕе burgers start оut wіth а super flavorful аnd moist ground chicken. Well, I uѕеd chicken, but уоu соuld uѕе turkey too. I seasoned thе meat wіth ѕоmе spices аnd chipotle chile peppers. I knоw thаt chicken аnd turkey burgers саn tend tо bе а lіttlе dry, but nоt these. All уоu taste іѕ deliciousness аnd а whоlе lot оf cheddar cheese.
FYI, thе combo оf chipotle аnd cheddar wіll аlwауѕ bе а favorite оf mine. Thе seasoning I uѕеd fоr thеѕе burgers іѕ а combo I hаvе bееn uѕіng ѕіnсе wау bеfоrе thе blog. I fіrѕt started uѕіng іt whеn I began making mу brother steak burritos аftеr snowboarding. I јuѕt experimented а lіttlе аnd fоund thаt thіѕ combo worked pretty awesomely. It’s оnе оf mу favorite seasonings. A lіttlе spicy аnd јuѕt а teensy bit sweet. Perfection.
Corn Fritter Chipotle Cheddar Burger
- 1 pound ground turkey or ground chicken
- 3/4 whole panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo from a can, minced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 thick slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 brioche burger buns, toasted
- 1-2 avocados mashed lightly with lime juice, 2T cilantro, pinch of salt + pepper
- chipotle mayo, for serving (optional)
- Mexican Street Corn Frittes:
- 1 jalapeno, seeded + minced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + pepper
- 1/2 cup milk (any % you prefer)
- 1 1/4 cups sweet yellow corn, about 2 ears
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4-6 ounces cotija cheese, crumbled
- canola oil, for frying
- To prepare the burgers add the ground turkey or chicken to a medium bowl. Add the panko, lime juice, garlic, chipotle chiles, brown sugar, oregano, cumin, smoked paprika and a pinch of both salt and pepper. Mix until just combined and then form the meat into 4 equal size patties. Place on a plate and put in the fridge until ready to cook.
- To make the corn fritters, add the flour, baking powder, chili powder, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and milk to a bowl. Stir until combined. Fold in the corn, cilantro and cotija cheese. It should be the consistency of a very thick pancake batter, if needed add a tablespoon more of milk. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Preheat your grill to medium high heat.
- Add oil to a large saucepan and heat over medium high heat. When the oil is hot add a about 1-2 teaspoons of batter to the pot. Fry for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel, then repeat with remaining batter. Keep the fritters warm in the oven until the burgers are ready.
- Meanwhile turn up your grill or a grill pan to high heat. Grill the burgers for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare or longer for your desired doneness. Add the cheddar cheese during the last minute of cooking.
- Spread a little mayo over the bottom of the toasted buns. Divide the burgers among the buns. Spread the mashed avocados over the burgers and top with street corn fritters. Add the top bun. DEVOUR.
Source: Chipotle Cheddar Burgers with Corn Fritters | HBHarvest