Gordon Ramsay made this delicious Christmas day rack of lamb on the first scene of the first season of The F Word, This is certain to be a tasty supper…
Gordon Ramsay made this delicious Christmas day rack of lamb on the first scene of the first season of The F Word. In the same way as other of Gordons formulas, the essential herb fixings are rosemary, thyme and garlic. This is certain to be a tasty supper for fanatics of Chef Ramsays cooking.
Christmas Day Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. It should actually be 392 degrees, but don’t worry about getting that technical unless you have a digital oven.
- Place lamb on cutting board fat side up. Lightly score the fat layer with a sharp knife. Next, generously sprinkle the lamb with salt and pepper. Mop up the excess seasoning with the rack of lamb, ensuring it’s thoroughly coated.
- Heat some olive oil in an oven safe pan. Seal the lamb by holding each side in the oil long enough to develop color (careful not to burn your hands). Gordon Ramsay says, “it’s simple mathematics, no color, equals no taste”. Quite simple indeed! Make sure you brown that lamb.
- Transfer the pan with the lamb into the oven and bake for 7-8 minutes. Prepare the crust while the lamb is cooking.
- Place all of the ingredients for the crust except the mustard into a blender and pulse several times until it looks nice and green. Make sure you don’t over do it with the olive oil, just a splash.
- Pour the mixture into a deep dish (bowl or plate) and set aside.
- Remove the lamb from the oven and brush generously with mustard. Dip the lamb into the crust mixture coating it completely. Dip several times to ensure an even coating. Allow meat to rest for a bit.
- Place it back into the oven for 3-4 minutes when you’re ready to serve.